We have a current opportunity for a Group Finance Controller on a contract basis. The position you need to be able to travel to Paris office . For further information about this position please apply.
Length: Initial 3 months+
Location: Ideally Paris or Brussels potentially UK (Work from home, 1-2 days a month in office in Paris)
Rate: £600 – £650 per day + VAT (Euro’s or Pounds depending on location)
My client, a leading payments business requires an experienced and French speaking Senior / Group Financial Controller (Qualified Accountant) with a strong control / FP& A background to implement a monitoring and performance improvement initiative within the Group Finance function.
• Design and control of the single source of programme financial data, controls and reporting.
• Working with the business to ensure they have control and reporting in a consistent way.
• Defining the Programme Financial KPIs – covering savings (OMDA / OOI), implementation, cash.
• Support the track to use proper Financial Nature in their reporting (RRI vs Capex vs OMDA etc.)
• Support the tracks and GMU controllers to use proper GMU allocations of savings & implementation costs (in particular for functions.)
• Creating a routine of actuals and forecasts that support internal and external reporting requirements / milestones, both for savings and implementation costs.
• Support the budget process.
• Liaise with GMU controllers at quarterly closing to ensure consistency in RRI bookings.
• Works with HR SPOC and Programme Control Tower to properly manage confidential salary & severance information, while ensuring validity of aggregate figures.
• Working with the business units to ensure we have a flow of information and strong co-ordination in place.
• Challenging and validating that we are seeing “cost out” at a P&L level (both PC and NPC.)
• Validate with GMU controllers creation and usage of Implementation costs; manage implementation costs reference.
• Reviewing current reporting to ensure it us updated to include programme e.g. monthly report.
• Looking forward and working with the function to put in place of a framework for future controlling in the new organisation e.g P&L, cost base management to reflect the TOM organisation.
• Look for ways to optimise savings and implementation costs.
• Attention to detail.
• Empowered and able to challenge.
• Strong coordination and stakeholder management.
• Organised and forward thinking.
• Financial Controller expertise within a Financial Services business (payments would be ideal.)
• Be a Qualified Accountant with significant Financial Controller / FP & A experience.
• Strong data expertise and experience of building monitoring and controlling financial data.
• French Language skills.