This role combines the strategic and technical management of the organisations SAP footprint (in the Finance, Procurement and HR functions)
The SAP and Integration Lead is a strategic role within the Information Systems function. The role is accountable for all SAP Service operation and expansion of SAP integration in line with organisations Digital Transformation.
This role combines the strategic and technical management of the organisations SAP footprint (in the Finance, Procurement and HR functions), working with outsourced support partners, and architecting the rapid expansion of SAP Integration to key strategic platforms. It will also enable better integration and consistency of data within the existing suite of SAP applications.
Applicants will be required to operate as a trusted business partner to help identify opportunities, provide guidance, and drive adoption to maximise benefits from technology. Actively participate in cross functional steering and working groups, taking the lead as required. Provide governance and assurance for external service providers to ensure contractual commitments and service levels are met. Identify and plan areas for improvement that drive efficiencies for the organisation.
The following are the key roles and responsibilities of the successful candidate.
• Accountable for organisations SAP Strategy in partnership with the business owners, external vendors, application development and support partners to drive increasing value from the SAP suite and integration to other strategic platforms.
• Accountable for technical delivery of new SAP interfaces, their overall quality and adherence to the internal integration guidelines and governance.
• Act as the focal point within org for internal stakeholders, software suppliers and external service providers (ESP) for SAP application integration related matters and escalations.
• Facilitate cross functional steering and working groups, taking the lead as required.
• Act as the IS Service owner for BTP including Cloud Platform Integration.
• Provide assurance that ESPs deliver to agreed standards.
Ensure change management and adoption is effectively executed and managed
• Keep pace with evolving technology platforms and industry specific use cases. Champion and communicate to key stakeholders how this could help org achieve its objectives.
• Work alongside fellow IS colleagues to ensure the approach to application data and integration is based on common foundations and standards.
• Authorise and approve scheduled changes or alter the schedule change requests as defined in the Change Management procedures. Review and approve Change Management results.
• Manage relationships and coordinate work between different IS teams at different locations as necessary.
• Help coordinate and support effective gathering of detailed requirements.
• Contribute to the creation and maintenance of a robust architecture (including data and integration), development standards and release management.
• Ensure all documentation produced is reviewed and approved to support the effective delivery of the service.
• Provide technical expertise and support to projects and approve deliverables.
Education and Experience
• Information Technology or Computer Science related bachelor’s degree preferred or relevant experience.
• Previous experience in a similar role.
• ITIL foundation certification.
• Demonstrated experience in System Integration and Software Development management, updated with current Cloud (SAP Cloud Platform) and Mobile techniques.