We have a current opportunity for a CFO on a permanent basis. The position will be based in London. For further information about this position please apply.
Our client is a successful international bank with a strong presence in the UK, Ireland and Mainland Europe. They are seeking to recruit a CFO for an SMF2 post.
Leading the overall management of finance and regulatory reporting department of the branch based in London for the region.
The Principal Accountabilities will be:
• Assisting the CEO in formulating the Bank’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives.
• Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic Business Plans.
• Develop Financial and Tax strategies.
• Manage the capital request and budgeting processes.
• Monitor, assess and recommend the impairment provision in accordance with IFRS 9.
• Develop performance measures and monitoring systems that support the Bank’s strategic direction.
• Accountable for model management of ICAAP, ILAAP and IFRS9 and its assurance Operations.
• Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team.
• Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team.
• Manage the accounting, regulatory reporting and tax departments.
• Oversee the Bank’s transaction processing systems.
• Implement operational best practices Financial Information.
• Accountable for the issuance of financial information accurately.
• Report financial results to the Board of Directors.
• Report financial and management information Regulatory Reporting.
• Oversee the Regulatory reporting function.
• Ensure the regulatory reporting to the PRA, FCA and BOE are completed as per the regulatory guidelines and within regulatory prescribed timelines.
• Understand and mitigate key elements of the Bank’s risk profile.
• Construct and monitor reliable control systems.
• Ensure that the Bank complies with all legal and regulatory reporting requirements.
• Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
• Report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors.
• Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations.
Skills and Competencies required are as follows:
• Candidate must have at least a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management, Business Administration.
• Will be a Qualified Chartered Accountant (ACA or ACCA) or its equivalent especially ICAEW qualified Chartered Accountant or ICAS (equivalent Scottish qualification) will be preferred.
• Management Experience as a SMF2 in a Finance role in a UK regulated Bank.
• Should have working knowledge and experience of IFRS 9, other UK statutory accounting requirements for a PIE, PRA, FCA, BoE regulatory reporting.
• Excellent Interpersonal Skills with the ability to interact with all levels of staff and management.
• Experience of managing key stakeholder relationships, including external auditors.
• Proven strong leadership and people management skills with strong abilities to communicate complex issues at board level both orally and in writing.
• A reputation for integrity and a broad appreciation of financial and international matters are essential.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Banking sector finance director level candidate. The career opportunity is good and the role challenging and stimulating.
Managing Director - Property & Construction, Banking & FS, Consulting