We have a current opportunity for a Transformation Director – Contact Centre Future Ways of Working on a permanent basis. For further information about this position please apply.
Location London/ Flexible.
Up to £100,000 + Benefits
This role can be based any where in the UK as homebased / hybrid with travel as required
My client is a BPO with sites throughout the UK and is currently looking to the future about how best to support their clients to deliver excellence.
A major part of this is the internal Future Ways of Working Programme which sits at a group level driving internal working benefits across contact centres and digital outputs. It is a fantastic role which as programme director you will deliver a key piece of work which will impact people, process, technology and innovation to deliver what will be a BAU output.
Key to this role will be outstanding stakeholder relationship & influencing skills which will touch all aspects of client implementation to delivery from Sales, Bids, Operations, Client management and head office support functions.
• Proven track record in complex Programme Delivery, global experience preferred
• Solid programme management skills with the ability to work as part of a team to deliver a project/solution
• Experience of using and qualification in Prince II, Six Sigma Master Black Belt, Agile type ways of working
• Confident and experienced presenter to senior audiences
• Ability to Influence & manage stakeholders
• Effective leadership, interpersonal, communication skills (both written and verbal), ability to engage with internal, external and global stakeholders
Specific responsibilities will also include:
• Own programme deployment
• Identifying and monitoring programme risks (threats and opportunities), planning and implementing responses etc
• Consolidating and documenting the fundamental components of programmes (scope, schedule, resource requirements, budgets, risks, opportunities and issues, and quality requirements)
• Managing the integration of programme outcomes into business-as-usual, addressing the readiness of users, compatibility of work systems and the realisation of benefits
• Manage workstreams required to implement best practice operations for the business, including but not limited to technology, operations, IT, finance, Facilities to ensure alignment
• Define & implement the new Target Operating Model along with business stakeholders to plan and within budget
• Identifying and managing changes and interventions identified as part of the program deployment
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading BPOI as the gear up for the future.
For more details contact Rob Dermott