We have a current opportunity for a Head of Sales on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Newbury. Competitive Base + Bonus + Benefits
A truly outstanding opportunity to lead the sales function and drive revenue across multiple income streams within a high-profile sport, entertainment and hospitality venue.
Newbury Racecourse currently hosts over 32 high profile racing fixtures every year in addition to an impressive range of themed entertainment, including concerts. It also offers a range of award-winning hospitality packages and non-race-days provide access to outstanding conference and events spaces.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the Head of Sales will be a hands-on, results driven and proactive individual, responsible for maximising sales revenue and profitability from all aspects of the racecourse (racing, events, hotel and to possibly include commercial partnerships). The postholder will be highly regarded in their field with a proactive and innovative approach to drive revenue and enhance the customer experience. Core responsibilities of the role will include:
▪ Development and implementation of a long term and overarching sales strategy to drive general sales, hospitality and event revenue streams across all areas of the business.
▪ Create, manage and develop relationships with key individuals, corporates and booking agents to maximise the delivery of sales across all race day and non-race day revenue streams to ensure the delivery of a profitable business and to enhance the brand positioning of Newbury.
▪ Provide the highest level of visible and hands-on leadership to sales executives, encouraging a “new business” culture and ensuring sales KPIs are fully embedded with clarity.
▪ Develop methodologies for sales tracking and management across the various business functions. Monitor, review and report on all sales activity and future pipelines.
▪ Work proactively with catering, operations and marketing to always ensure the delivery of exceptional customer experiences.
Applications are invited from candidates who can demonstrate the following range of skills, experience and behaviours:
Candidates should send a covering letter, CV and details of current remuneration to Kit Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org .