We have a current opportunity for a Senior Client Accountant on a permanent basis. The position will be based in London. For further information about this position please apply.
Our client is an independently minded property developer who is seeking an established and capable Senior Client Accountant to join the growing business.
Main Duties & Responsibilities Will be:
• Ensure the timely production of certified service charge accounts
• Provide up to date financial information to property managers and leaseholders
• Review ground rent demands raised on lessees
• Preparation of annual service charge accounts in accordance with best practice
• Preparation of the apportionment of final expenditure between lessees
• Prepare voids schedules and forecasts for freehold clients on a monthly or an ad – hoc basis. Undertaking financial reviews of new blocks as part of the on-board process
• Prepare monthly VAT reports and summaries for forward transmission to the group client accounts team.
• Prepare weekly and monthly management summary reports as required to key stakeholders
• Ensure that monthly ground rent summaries for clients are accurate and prepared on time
• Preparation of accurate quarterly reports (with accruals and prepayments) on actual vs budgeted expenditure
• Preparing plans for the budgeting cycles, to ensure timely delivery of activities.
• Assisting with the internal audit of client procedures and monies
• Carrying internal audits of accounting procedures and systems
Skills, Experience & Qualifications of the Successful Candidate will be:
• Must be qualified ACA (Chartered Accountant), ACCA (Association of Certified Chartered Accountants), or MAAT
• Valuable experience of service charge reporting gained either in practice or in the finance department of a Residential Managing Agent
• Experience in managing junior accountants and with an interest in their development
• Advanced Excel skills
• Knowledge of PROPMAN is an advantage
• Expected to demonstrate professionalism and an appreciation of client accounting compliance requirements
This is new role and the new appointee will be part of a high calibre finance team whose role is to develop cutting edge accounting to support and develop what is already a long standing and highly successful business.
Senior Client Accountant – Property Company
Salary: £65,000-£70,000 + bonus and benefits